By Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master/Teacher for Rain Shadow Reiki in Sequim, WA
In our quest to have more fun included in our healing journey, our Girls Night Out group (Mystic Sisters) met this week for some ‘cuttin it up!!” Magazines that is. My industrious students have been dropping off magazines to me all month-long. We had a whole room full! The ladies came in and didn’t even want to eat, they were so excited to get started on their vision board, they headed straight for the magazines and started rifling through the pages searching for inspiration. It was the darndest thing. I had to almost pull them away to get them to eat dinner. A quick dinner, some fun get to know you games and we were back at it.
“I can’t stop looking at my ‘graduation card!’ It’s infused with so much lightness and love from everyone. Whatever you decide to do for the next event, I hope it involves using our own creativity. (The vision board process) Sure did bring everyone to life and I believe it boosts our own confidence that we can indeed CREATE!” Pamela Ziemann , Mystic Sister and author
‘Creating a vision board is probably one of the most valuable visualization tools available to you. This powerful tool serves as your image of the future – a tangible representation of where you are going. It represents your dreams, your goals, and your ideal life.
Because your mind responds strongly to visual stimulation-by representing your goals with pictures and images-you will actually strengthen and stimulate your emotions… and your emotions are the vibrational energy that activates the Law of Attraction. The saying “A picture is worth a thousand words,” certainly holds true here.’ Jack Canfield
Reiki & Vision Boarding
I wouldn’t be earning my keep if I didn’t teach a Reiki lesson with each evening we have right?!! Good thing to me, REIKI IS FUN!!
Vision boards are all about having a physical visual manifestation right in front of you to look at regularly to help focus your thoughts, emotions and beliefs on creating your vision in your physical life. Being able to SEE it right in front of you helps the manifesting process which is stronger with emotions and visualizations. Even the process of creating the vision board is important and stirs up the universe into aiding you in your quest because you are putting time, effort, emotion and hopefully FUN into the process. We put so much fun into our process, we know Divine is helping us manifest our visions. We also put a whole bunch of REIKI into our boards!!
What does the Reiki bring to the table when vision boarding?
- Reiki helps us to be more grounded in making decisions about which pictures to cut out and which ones to leave, saving us time and frustration.
- Bringing in our Reiki at the beginning helped us to be more cohesive as a group and work together to help and support each other through the process. Everyone was sharing clips, cutting out things for other people, shouting out ideas, it was beautiful.
- Reiki helped to set the energy in the space for lightness, community support and fun, before we even started. I always ‘set space’ for any Reiki event and for Mystic Sisters it’s all about love, support and JOY! (Setting space is about the intention of the feel of the energy in the space. I make sure it’s clean and clear, safe and sacred but then add another intention specific for each event. For this event, community, love and joy. The Reiki energy follows my intention)
- Reiki brings in our Reiki Guides to help with intuition to know what vision of our future to go for, or which theme is right for us at this time. Before I started, I really had no idea what I was going to create. I just followed the Reiki and it turned out perfect for me.
- Reiki brings in spiritual power to help us have the confidence and belief that we can in deed create that which we are setting out to create.
- Reiki helps us to be more creative and heal any issues around being creative.
- Reiki helps us to take creative risks that we wouldn’t normally take while doing a process like this in front of a large group of people.
- Reiki helps us to think less, and act more intuitively getting the job done from a higher level of thinking.
- Reiki helps us to create our big picture vision, not our internal subconscious chaos.
…and so much more. That’s just what I came up with in this moment. Can you think of any others and share them with us in comments!?!
This group was totally in to this project. From beginning to end (midnight) they
were focused but at the same time truly enjoying the process and each others help and company. I heard more than a few times “This is so much fun!” That’s all that mattered to me, fun was the goal and fun we had. My guides, my girls and I were happy vision boarders.
Make Your Own Vision Board
If you have never done a vision board, here is my basic instructions on how I do it. As with everything, I’m sure there are tons of ways, this is just one of many. Bring in your Reiki or if you do not have Reiki yet, pray for Divine Guidance and go for it. Allow yourself to feel joy throughout the process. If you do not feel joy, take a break and start again later when you are ready.
- Gather a whole bunch of magazines, don’t discriminate, you never know where that favorite photo or quote will come from. We were all quite surprised what kind of magazines we found some of our most stunning photos.
- Bring in your Reiki and your Reiki guides to be with you through the whole process, bringing you spiritual power, protection and support.
- Ask your Reiki Guides to help you with your vision, what is most important for you to SEE at this time.
- Go through magazines quickly without too much thought. Make decisions fast and just tear out the pages that you are drawn to without judgement. Just go, go , go.
- Tear out photos and words that you are drawn to and pile them up, move on to the next page or magazine until you have a nice size pile and FEEL ready to move onto the next stage.
- Clear, clean and prepare your space for the next process, cutting. Get scissors, glue and poster board to be ready to lay out our rough draft.
- Cut up the photos and words to get a basic idea as to how things will fit or not fit.
- Make quick intuitive decisions, don’t think too much, work with your Higher Self and your heart, not your head.
- Get a basic layout and start gluing stuff down. Know it will turn out different from you plan, but perfect as it is.
- Glue down the background first, then start with the words and little stuff, trust your intuition all the way through. Divine knows your bigger picture, your true souls vision, it will appear naturally if you don’t stress or think too much.
- Just Say No! Be aware of the ‘big picture’ and what you are truly drawn to. You may have to make some tough decisions, get rid of a photo you really like, but that just doesn’t fit the big vision. A cluttered or chaotic vision board may reflect what is going on inside of you now, not necessarily what you want to create in your life in the future.
- Have fun and just allow the process to unfold.
- Place the vision board where you will see it multiple times per day. A very powerful time is right before bed, so maybe put it near your bed so you can look at it right before bed time and right when you wake up. These are strong hypnotic state periods in your mind and you are very likely to take in this visual information more easily into your subconscious mind.
I had so much fun, I’m thinking of tackling this project with my Reiki kids group too. Go for it, it’s a powerful and positive process. Well worth the mess on the floor.
Let me know how it goes for you!!
for private sessions via phone, Skype or in person call or email me at
email@example.com or 360-460-7829