DAILY 5 MINUTE MEDITATION
By Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master/Teacher for Rain Shadow Reiki, please use daily and share with your friends.
Taking Care of YOU!
I am reposting this process with some changes, because it is the one blog I recommend to people the most. Especially those people who tell me they have read my “Are You Emotionally Psychic?” page and feel they are Clairsentient. I use this technique or parts of it, every single day and sometimes multiple times a day to take care of my energy system.
Being healers and caregivers we often do not take care of ourselves because we are too busy taking care of others. However, that is a catch 22. If we are not well, we cannot care for others. By not taking care of ourselves first and foremost, we are doing ourselves and the people or pets that we care for a disservice. We are also not modeling healthy behavior to those we care for if we are not taking care of US first.
We take care of our physical body every minute of every day. We bathe, eat, wash our faces, brush our hair, use the restroom, drink water, think positive thoughts, etc. all day long. But, quite often we don’t think about taking care of our energy bodies. These need daily care as well but we were not taught this growing up in most modern societies. Here is a simple beginning technique to get you started caring for your energy system daily. Do this every day. In the beginning I would do this two to three times a day until you really feel it’s staying with you all day long. If you like this and want to learn more about taking care of your energy bodies I recommend doing research on Donna Eden and her healing work. She has many videos on You Tube to watch and wonderful healing books on Amazon. Find what works for you and have fun with it.
Daily 5-minute meditation to keep YOU clear and centered and protected.
In the beginning you may need to do this multiple times a day especially in stressful situations where you will be around a lot of people or in work situations where you help people, such as; therapists, healers, message therapists, social workers, etc. Sometimes healers do this after each and every client to make sure they are clear and clean and protected. Taking care of YOU is the most important. If you are not healthy, grounded and centered you cannot help others. The more helpful you are, the more sensitive you are to picking up other’s emotions; you’ll need to do this more in the beginning and at least once a day after that. Whenever I’m going to be in a crowd of people I do this again, even if I did it in the morning before I left the house. I do this before I leave the house or in the car before I get out, PARKED OF COURSE! (Do not do any meditations while driving.) In the winter up here in the Pacific North West it’s cold. So, while my car is warming up, I do this visualization to get me started and warmed up too. Give it a try, it becomes easier the more you do it.
- Call on Divine first to surround yourself with Love and Light. (With Reiki you’d do this during your Gassho.) Ask Divine to send down the Highest Order of guides to help you and be with you all day. Give them your intention for the day to help you and guide you towards it.
- Visualize this Love and Light as a beautiful protective and loving color. I imagine the Love and Light or (Reiki) energy flowing from my body or coming down from Divine and surrounding me with beautiful loving energy. Any color you love will work. White is often recommended but I find white can often times be too powerful or more than you need for every day use. I usually like a soft off-white, pretty pink, yellow or blue to surround myself with. I love color! You can get creative and think of this color as an invisibility cloak or some other creative covering that works for you. Opal or rainbows work great for this too. Have fun with visualizations. Make them your own, personal to you. Trust YOUR intuition as to what color you need that day. FEEL emotion about what is surrounding you and how much you love the feel of it. Our guides respond to emotion and will work with you more often if they feel your love.
- Ground yourself to the Earth. There are infinite ways to do this; be the tree growing into the earth, a cord with an anchor, a beam of light, etc. Lately I’ve been connecting to the rocks, crystals and lava within the earth to help me be one with our Earth and therefore grounded and flexible. (The more intention, the more visualization you put into this the more powerful the connection will be.)
- Create a place to send the energy that you do not want. Creating the intention of a recycling source for the energy that others send to you and for any energy of your own that you want to be recycled will help you to NOT take on the energy into your personal field. We do not need to be ‘weighed down’ with other’s energies, do we?! (Good visualizations for this could be a shower drain, toilet, mushrooms, hole to the earth, crystal cave, trash can maybe with Oscar the Grouch, or any other plant or physical manifestation of something that will take the energy away to the earth to be healed. The intention of the energy being healed is important. All energy is good energy, some of it just needs to be recycled back into higher vibrational energy.)
- Reaffirm the THREE parts to this whenever you meet up with someone who is trying to dump on you. (Receive them with love and remember they are not consciously doing this, they just need relief. Divine, ground and recycle and their energy gets healed, your energy doesn’t take on crap you don’t need and every one is happy. They feel better, you still feel good and you have helped them without taking on their stuff. WIN/WIN. I do this every time I leave the house and then reaffirm the shower drain or the mushrooms all around my feet, kind of like a moat of cleansing and recycling all around me as needed.)
- Last and very important is to REFILL yourself and others with beautiful Love and Light of the Divine after the ‘old’ energy has gone. This will help you to feel lighter, happier and more confident the more you do it. With this you can imagine a Divine ball of Love and Light or Reiki above the other person’s head flowing into their crown and all through their body filling them up. Again, be creative and intuitive and do what feels right for you or them.
Mushrooms work as a great visualization for recycling energy, from other people or from you. Imagine beautiful red mushrooms surrounding you all around your feet at the bottom of your aura, inside and out. All energy that is no longer helping us needs healing for whatever reason you choose. Imagine it flowing down to the mushrooms. They will, along with Mother Earth, cleanse, heal and return the energy completely recycled. Again, you can do this for yourself or others. When people are ‘dumping’ their problems on you by complaining, wining or arguing, you can imagine the energy flowing down to the mushrooms instead of at you. Try it! It works!
Give this a try. If you are sensitive to energy like me or tend to be a ‘helper’ or healer you will need this energy work daily. I tell my clients, we take our trash out daily, why not our ‘trashy’ energy too!!