By Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master for Rain Shadow Reiki
Reiki Ideas for Reiki Healing Students
I’ve had a series of clients lately who consciously come to me and want help but subconsciously have blocks up to protect themselves. You can often tell these people when they are on your table. Often they leave their eyes open the entire time where other clients close their eyes soon after getting on the table. Or they will close their eyes but you can tell that these clients do not go to a deep level of relaxation at all and maybe try to keep you in conversation with them much of the time. Or you can just tell they are not relaxed and having a hard time even closing their eyes and staying on the table. I can FEEL the tension in them. Often it feels like they want to jump off of the table and run out the door. Sometimes it feels like they are trying so hard to hold on to what they truly want to release and this causes tension in them. Change is stressful for most of us, asking for change can be even more stressful.
This usually indicates a high level of a need to control their environment for fear or trust reasons. It is ok. Reiki can help with that. It will just take a little more time and sometimes different techniques than you learn in Reiki I or II. This is the kind of technique you usually learn from your guides with lots of practical experience. That is who I have learned it from and I’m going to give you some tips here as to what they have told me to do.
Chances are, if you read this, you’ll get a chance to practice it on a client very soon.
Reiki will help any condition, I believe, if given proper time. The healing journey is a journey, it takes time for most people. Some people take many years, many lifetimes building up these fears and trust issues, it will take some time to break them down in a safe and trusting manner as well. If this client has come to you for help, at least they know they need and want help. That is the first step. The second step is making sure they feel safe enough to come back. If we do anything to invade their protective space during the healing session then they may not come back and that is not what we want. Sometimes we need to back off with this type of client and give them space to heal themselves with the Reiki leading the way. This quite often has worked well with my clients. But, at the same time, if they do not feel better, feel some kind of results, they may not come back. It is critical to not be afraid of any of these outcomes and just TRUST in the Reiki and that it will do exactly what it is supposed to do to help this person TODAY. Trust in the Reiki and trust in your guides to help you and show you or tell you what needs to be done to help them.
Heart Chakra Case
I recently had a client whose heart chakra was dangerously shut down to a point where I could not feel any movement at all. I could FEEL the tight constriction in his chest so tight that it was making ME feel ill and I couldn’t handle the discomfort. I raised my hands off of his chest and up above but that still wasn’t enough. I knew that if his chakra stayed this way too long he would be in danger of physical illness, such as; heart attack, cutting off his ability to love or be loved. Our heart chakra is of utmost importance because it is the go-between of all the major chakras. It is the interface between our upper and lower chakras and if it is clogged up it’s difficult to get any of the others healthy and balanced. So, I knew I needed something to help him and fast. In this session I just felt I needed to get his chakra open a bit and moving. I asked my guides for their help and they gave me a visual to follow. Here is what they had me do. Plus, here are other ideas that my guides have given me when I’ve been in a tough spot. Ask your guides for help and check with what feels right for your client.
Reiki Back Doors
Go in the back door. There are multiple ways to do this. Try them in this order but it is always best to follow your intuition. If the first one does not work then try the next one and so on. Please ask your Reiki guides to help you with this process for each individual client:
- Back off psychically. Turn off the psychic information and just let the Reiki do its work. You may even need to turn off your conscious mind, go deep in trance and just let the Reiki flow without your ego or left brain involved. Practice this.
- Talk to your client very gently, explaining what is going on and letting them know that their help would be great at this point. Have them set the intention in their minds that their chakra open and they allow the Reiki energy in to heal them. The client came to you for a reason, get them involved in their healing. Quite often this is enough.
- Ask Divine Source to send help – in the Highest and most Sacred Order of Reiki guides, healing guides and angels to help this person so you don’t have to work so hard. Remember, it is not about you, it is about them and doing the highest good for them. Get your ego out of the way and refocus on the Reiki healing that is taking place, it is all in Divine order.
- Run Reiki on their subconscious mind with the intention that the greatest healing the client needs will take place here. Run it for a while until you FEEL that the client trusts you and you can move back to their heart chakra. (Or whatever chakra it is that is blocked.) If you are a Reiki II use the Long Distance symbol and the Mental/Emotional healing symbol to aid this subconscious work. Then move back to the chakra you were working on.
- If you are a Reiki Master/Teacher work with your Master symbol (R) to separate the client from the situation and/or the NGZ symbol to break up blockages. One or both of these symbols may help the client’s subconscious mind to take a back seat and allow the Reiki in.
- Give them space, move back away from them physically and either do long distance Reiki on them or just run gentle Reiki on their aura. Quite often this will allow them to feel it is on their terms, their choice and then they will open up to the healing being offered.
- Go in the back door. This is what my guides showed me to do for this heart chakra client. Literally lay under the massage table and run the Reiki into the back side of their heart chakra to get their heat chakra moving again. This worked for my particular client really well. Sometimes going in the back allows the Reiki to flow in easier and without the subconscious blockages that the client has on their front side. Remember every client is different. Ask your guides what will work best for yours. In very important situations like this one, this can work well. Not a first line though. Check with your guides so that you are not invading or disrespecting your client’s personal space.
Many of these issues are deep because the client has pushed them down in denial for a very long time and past life issues that have stuck around because they never dealt with them. The client will not remember them or even be aware of them. The Reiki will help to bring them to the surface when the client is ready, heal them and move them out. This process again takes time and it may take this client multiple sessions before they really start relaxing on the table. It is critical that YOU as the Reiki Practitioner has total Trust and Faith that the Reiki will do it’s job, and it will.
Your trust and faith in the Reiki’s abilities will translate energetically to the client’s energy and they will be much more likely to stick with the sessions and believe they can help them. If we truly believe, they will too. It’s all energy, it all translates in understanding.
In Love and Light of our Divine Source,
Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master/Teacher
firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-460-7829