By Josslyn Streett, Rain Shadow Reiki Master/Teacher
Whoo Hooo!! What an amazing year this has been. One year ago I listened to Divine Source and started a blog/website for my Reiki practice. It has been a year of learning a lot about building my own site and keeping it up, internet blogging and meeting other bloggers. I’ve also learned about marketing and socializing on the web, as I joined Facebook and started a Page for Reiki there as well. And it’s been a year of facing my many fears to write about what I love to the web public at large but is still not so popular with the world at large. What a year it’s been!!
Following My Intuition
In case you do not know, I write what comes to me intuitively. I write about what I feel Divine has put into my head. I always have a thousand different blog ideas rolling through my head and if I don’t put them down on ‘paper’ they don’t go away. So, I type them into drafts on my blog and save them. Then I add to them until I feel they are complete. Then I send them out to cyberspace and pray the people who need to read them, will find them. And, they do.
The WordPress people have been kind enough to supply me/us with statistics below about how many blogs I wrote my first year (57), how many views I had in the first year (7,400), how many countries I’ve reached (99) and how many views I have on my busiest day (86). But, what I remember the most when I think about what has happened to me and my Reiki life since starting this blog in January 2012 is the people. And, I’m not just saying this. The people are always what matter to me and my life. Here are a few of the stories that stand out to me. Please feel free to comment at the bottom if I have forgotten your story or you simply haven’t told me that my blog and writings in some way connected to your life. I’d love to hear that.
People Who Found Me- The Stories
- I wrote a little blog about the tree frogs in my back yard because their song was so beautiful one evening. A woman in Sequim who had just moved here from Colorado was sitting reading in her window seat of her new home one day.
A little tree frog came to visit her there each day. She decided to look up what the tree frog meant for her spiritual life and found my site. We met for tea, have much in common including children the same age and have become fast friends in a very short amount of time. We had dinner with their family last night. I’m eternally grateful for this new connection that came though this blog.
- I wrote a blog about one of my favorite healing stones, Kyanite.
A woman in up state New York State had just purchased some kyanite from her local store. She went home to look it up and found my blog. She called me for a reading and wanted to know about mentorship. She is very psychic herself but does not have anyone near by that she knows of to receive help from and has not had positive vibes from the spiritual people she has found in her area. I’m so glad she found me. I truly enjoy mentoring other Light-Workers.
- A woman in the UK found my site and read about my struggle with depression. She too has dealt with this and could relate. She emailed me and we chatted on the phone a couple of times. I did a long distance healing on her and now she and her mom have now decided to take a Reiki class from me, from the U.K. They will be my first International students, taught over Skype. AWESOME!!
- Another woman was told she’s a Light-Worker. She didn’t know exactly what that meant so she went on the internet to do research. She found my blog and called me right away since we both live in Sequim. We made an appointment for a Reiki session. She signed up right away for a class and came to a circle. She certainly is a Light-Worker and a motivated one at that. I so look forward to where this relationship will go as well as her healing abilities.
- A third and different woman also in Sequim who I have known for a while but had not told her what I did, was also told she is a Light-Worker by another psychic. Her son and my son are very good friends at school but rarely played after school together. So she and I had not gotten to know each other very well beyond school events. She went on the internet to do some research about Light-Workers and found my site. She immediately called me and was so excited that there was someone in our small town teaching Reiki and spiritual classes to kids and adults that she could barely contain herself. And, someone she already knew! I was equally excited. We had both felt a friend connection prior but had not acted on it. We have gotten together for tea, Reiki circle and she will soon be taking my Reiki I class. Our boys are happy too because now they get to see each other at Kid’s Reiki circle as well as at school.
- I’ve had many other people call me who found my website. The call me asking about what I do and how I can help them in their spiritual lives; men and women alike, although, probably mostly women. Some are from the Olympic Peninsula where I’m from and many are from far away. I am meeting some really amazing people, all because I listened to the messages that Divine sent me and even though I had fears about doing so, I followed them.
I am constantly amazed at how the people who I am supposed to meet and work with, through Divine’s help, find me. It is an excellent reminder at the power of Divine’s spirit and my ability to work with it to manifest the healing practice I desire for my life. I am not in this for numbers. I do not care if I reach millions of people. I care that I reach the people who Divine wants for me to meet, the people who need to work specifically with me. That is my goal, to meet the people I can help the most. I’m so grateful I followed Father God’s message and completed the site and all the blogs I was told to write. What if I had not written the Frog Totem blog? I would have missed out on an amazing friendship. No, Divine has a way of hooking us up anyway. But, it’s a very nice story of how we met and I much prefer it. I’ll keep listening and keep writing. I hope you read.
The statistics are below if you still want to read those. Find out what my five most popular blogs were this year.
In Love and Light of the Divine,
Thank you for following this blog,
Josslyn Streett, Rain Shadow Reiki Master Teacher/Healer
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
2 thoughts on “2012 in review – The Stories About the People that Made the Year Great”
Thank you for sharing your light with the world!
Thank you Heather for sharing yours as well. I’m so grateful for you and your love and friendship. And YOU were one of my top five commenting clients for the year so EXTRA THANKS for that. Much Love to you,Joss