By Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master/Teacher for Rain Shadow Reiki
My husband, Robert, is one of those guys that can fall asleep the second his head hits the pillow. I’m the opposite. So, I do my Reiki at night while I’m attempting to fall asleep. This has been a lifelong issue for me, not falling asleep. I remember as a child laying awake in bed for hours on end waiting to get sleepy, not knowing that this was not normal. Now, the Reiki helps me to fall asleep within thirty minutes or less just about every night, its such a blessing. For my husband, this obviously doesn’t work, he’s asleep right away, seriously, that fast. This always amazed me when we first met. I didn’t know people did that. Anyway, in attempting to find a time of day for him to do his daily Reiki, bedtime was not going to work. So, he has gotten in the habit of doing his Reiki first thing in the morning, before he even steps out of bed. For me, doing Reiki at night, it helps me relax and fall asleep quickly. For him, doing Reiki first thing in the morning, it wakes him up. He says he feels like he’s had three cups of coffee. (and, that was when he was OFF the coffee!) The Reiki will do whatever you need it to do at that time, its brilliant like that. Your intention helps it be ever stronger.
Reiki as a Habit
I am a very go-with-the-flow person. But, when it comes to the first few months of practicing with your new Reiki energy, I tell my Reiki I students that in order to really make Reiki a part of your daily lives and get the most out of it, it is critical to make it a habit every single day. Right away. Make it a priority in your life for that first month, and do it daily. Find a time that works for YOU and do it at the same time every day, just like any habit you are working on. Reiki is no different in this way. Once you have made it a healthy habit then you truly will feel the effects that Reiki can have on your life quickly and you’ll keep it up, even crave it.
When you are working with your Reiki regularly in your life, mini miracles start happening right off that bat, I hear about these all the time in my Reiki students when they start working with the Reiki energy. It really is amazing how the smallest detail is not too much for spirit to help with once we are working with Reiki daily, once we are ‘in the flow.” From helping people’s stressful jobs going smoother the very week they start practicing their Reiki, to finding a little statue of their spirit guide quite by “accident” in a store they’ve never wanted to go into before, but were suddenly drawn to. When you work with the Reiki, Reiki works within you.
Quick Tip for Starting Reiki Practice on Yourself, Creating Mini Miracles and Having a Happier “Go-With-the-Flow” life!
- Make DOING Reiki a priority for YOU! IT’S ALL FOR YOU! When you are happier those around you are happier. Simply tell yourself and your Divine Source that Reiki in your life IS a priority and you will DO it every day this next month.
- Do Reiki every day at the same time!
- Think about an intention to add to the strength of the Reiki healing. Such as “Reiki, please help me heal any issues I have about healing myself,” or “Reiki, please help me fall asleep quickly and easily.”
- Then JUST DO IT! You will be surprised at how easy it is to make this positive habit stick with you if you make it a priority for this first month to start. It feels so good and relaxing you may even get addicted to the feeling.
- Watch for synchronicity happening in your life, these are mini miracles just waiting for you to get in line with the universe. Once you are in alignment, the ‘coincidences’ happen ALL THE TIME!!
- Email me or comment here and let me know how it’s going.
Reiki is with you forever once you’ve been attuned. But, it’s like anything else, if you don’t use it, you don’t get the benefits of it. Divine waits patiently for us to DO for ourselves. When we DO, we are rewarded in more ways than I bet you can come up with yourself. Please feel free to comment here with the mini miracles YOU have seen in your life since you’ve started working with your Reiki.
Love and Light to you all,
Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master/Teacher for Rain Shadow Reiki
firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-460-7829