By Josslyn Streett, Reiki Master/Teacher for Rain Shadow Reiki
My first proof of the universe as energy came the first time I felt energy between my hands. That was about 16 years ago. I was a newly wed and my husband and I were seeing an acupuncturist and herbal medicine doctor for the first time. She was an American who had studied in China and also did an energy healing technique from India called Pranic Healing. She could tell we were newbies and was patiently teaching us about alternative medicine and more. On one of these visits when Robert and I happened to be together she taught us how to create an energy ball between our hands. She got the energy flowing and helped us by adding energy from her Pranic Healing techniques. I was unable to make the ball by myself and needed help. My husband was able to do it right away by himself. He still teases me about that.
But, with help, I felt the energy. I couldn’t see it, it wasn’t there, but it was there. I felt it so tangibly in my hands, it felt just like a medium-sized rubber ball in my hands but it was invisible. I was blown away, totally and completely blown away. That was my ‘A Ha’ moment and it has stayed with me all this time and stays with me when I teach my classes.
That moment was the moment I ‘woke up’ to energy, woke up to the universe around me, woke up to my true belief in God being all around us every minute of every day. It was the moment that literally changed my life forever. To me, it was the first moment I was aware that magic existed. I had stepped into the magic world of Oz and didn’t even know it. I know it now.
Many people can make and feel an energy ball without having Reiki or Pranic Healing in their hands; but for many it takes practice and help. I had a lot of medical issues at the time, my personal life force energy was low and had difficulty getting enough energy centered in one place without help. But, I have found, when one is attuned to Reiki, this is not an issue at all. Everyone can create and feel an energy ball between their hands with the Reiki energy flowing. I do this with my kids Reiki circles almost every time. They all love it and ask for it regularly because FEELING is BELIEVING. FEELING energy is PROOF to many of us that the invisible is still real. It was enough for me and it is enough for the kids, what about you?
How to make an Energy Ball
I’m sure there are more techniques, but here is mine, or one of them. Practice, practice and more practice. If you can get the hang of it, it is a lot of fun and blows people away. Teenagers love this.
- Breathe, get yourself grounded to your God, Divine Source, Creator, Great Spirit, whatever name feels right to you.
- Thank Divine Source for being with you and kindly ask that you be surrounded with power, protection and support while you do this spiritual activity.
- Breathe, get yourself grounded to Mother Earth.
- Breath, get yourself centered and focused on your energy field where ever you feel your center to be, your solar plexus, heart or the center of your head.
- Continue with your breathing while you rub your hands together for a few seconds and get them warmed up.
- Open and close your hands with your fingers together about ten times with the intention of opening and activating your palm chakras. Rub them a bit more if you like, it doesn’t take much though.
- Place your hands about four inches apart and breath more.
- Intend with your thoughts and feelings that Life Force Energy from your God will accumulate between your hands.
- Slowly and with intention move your hands in and out just an inch or so until you feel something between your hands. It may feel like a rubber ball in between your hands, it may feel like heat, or tingling, cold or fire in between your hands or it may just feel like a very slight presence.
- Keep breathing with intention and keep moving your hands in and out slightly until you feel energy there.
- Once you FEEL the energy then you can move your hands out a bit farther and farther and PLAY with the energy a bit.
- THIS IS LIFE FORCE ENERGY and it is MAGIC!!
- If you are not able to feel this but a friend is, then have them add their energy to yours and see if this helps so you can feel the energy. This does take some practice for many people. I was not truly able to do this myself until a great deal of practice and having Reiki in my hands has helped a whole lot.
Have Fun, Be Safe
Have fun with it but please play responsibly as with any spiritual tool, always call in your Divine Source to be with you for power, protection and support. I don’t do ANYTHING without my Divine Source protection all around me, especially spiritual work. You can do this by tuning into your God and asking, or you can tune in and surround yourself with Love and Light of a beautiful color, like soft white or pastel pink. Lovely colors are very powerful protectors and they feel good too. But, that is a whole other blog.
Do you remember your A Ha moment? I’d love to hear about it. Please comment below.
In Love and LIght of our Divine Creator,
email@example.com or 360-460-7829
2 thoughts on “My First Energy Ball”
I love playing with energy balls and also watching the energy stream from my fingertips when I hold them close together in front of me like I was grasping a glass with both hands and then hold them in front of a light surface and soften my eyes. You can usually feel the energy from your fingertips, too, and see color streams. Magic, it is!
I LOVE magic!! Energy balls are always the kids favorites. We love to make a ball each, them combine them and then one at a time the kids will step into the center and be in the middle of the big energy ball. It feels really cool and it’s so much fun. Then they take turns stepping out and another one it. Such a great experience. Thanks again for commenting Alpine Lady!!